TECHing In with Mrs. Jones About Me Home My Classroom Obsessions Contact Me Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook Class Twitter Image Map

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Winter Break App Share #2

Winter Break App Share #2 is here! Nearpod is probably my favorite app from the teacher perspective. We use Nearpod to review skills we are learning across all subjects. It is a completely interactive experience. The teacher controls the pace of the lesson from the teacher dashboard on the iPad or computer. As students submit their responses, only I can see them on my dashboard. This allows the students to answer without the fear of "being wrong," and it allows me to see who is still struggling with a concept. I have the ability to display answers without student names so we can discuss as a class why it is incorrect or why it is a good response. After the lesson, I can run a report of student responses and activity to refer to later. Students are 100% engaged, and I can use the data to inform my instruction. There are lessons for Pre-K through high school available. There are both free and paid lessons. I was fortunate that my district purchased Gold subscriptions for all of the teachers in the tech pilot. This made most of the lessons free for us which is great! Even better, Nearpod doesn't require student accounts. Students join lessons by entering a code into the Nearpod app. Nice and easy for my first graders! Learn more at www.nearpod.com. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment