TECHing In with Mrs. Jones About Me Home My Classroom Obsessions Contact Me Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook Class Twitter Image Map

Monday, December 21, 2015

Winter Break App Share-Day 1

I am going to kickoff my Winter Break App Share with an app we use everyday in the classroom, Epic! Epic! is an eBook library with over 10, 000 books for readers 12 and under. It covers all genres and interests. It is free for educators, but it does cost $4.99/month for families which includes up to 4 reader profiles per account. Students earn badges and incentives for reading, and their reading log is available for the teacher or parent to see what they've been reading. There are also several audio books that can be read to the students. My students love Epic! Students use this app during our reading intervention time and during Daily 5. They always have the option to read traditional books from my classroom library, but they enjoy Epic! so much I don't see them in my library very much. Learn more at www.getepic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment