TECHing In with Mrs. Jones About Me Home My Classroom Obsessions Contact Me Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook Class Twitter Image Map

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

iPad Storage Dilemma

I am struggling to figure out what to do with the storage situation for our iPads. When we got our cabinets, I was relieved that they weren't enormous. However, when we opened them we discovered the iPads were in dish racks with power strips attached (see picture below). Functional, but I'm discovering that it makes putting the iPads away everyday difficult. Ideally, I would like to teach the students the correct way to put the iPads away themselves, but that won't work with the current setup. The racks are very heavy when full, and trying to put them away with the racks inside the cabinet is cumbersome. Ultimately, I decided to ditch the racks and detach the power strips and use paper sorters to keep them upright. I think this system might work better for me. I still have to add velcro to the bottom of the paper sorters, so they don't move around. I would also like to attach the power strips to the walls of the cabinet. Do you have ideas for easy iPad storage in the classroom? I'd love to hear what works for you!



2 comments:

  1. There is a post on pinterest of a white Sterlite tub, like we use for classroom library books. There are rods, or dowels running horizontally across to support each tablet.
    (I like the idea because the containers come in different sizes and the dowels are adjustable.)
    Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AcocQ5NAgHnSaNTMdca_aXlT-LpokfocvjCofXP6CEzOCyypHZtATrU/

    ReplyDelete